I am a fully qualified and experienced counsellor and psychotherapist, and a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I am a counsellor for Heads Together, an organisation providing counselling for young adults aged 14-24. Alongside this I am a counsellor for Positive Autism Support and Training (PAST) and Happy Healthy Me.
My private practice is based in Cobham, Surrey, working with individual adults and adolescents, offering short and long term therapy.
Issues I regularly work with include:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorders
- Bereavement and loss
- Sexual and emotional abuse
- Family conflict and breakdown
- Low self-confidence and self-esteem
Common amongst teenage clients:
- Anxiety and associated physical symptoms
- Learning difficulties
- ‘Fitting in’
- Bullying, on and offline
- Gender identity and sexual identity
- Suicidal thoughts
- Family relationships
I believe in the power of professional therapy to help a person help themselves. It's a privilege to be alongside someone who is gaining understanding and insight that empowers them to activate their own decisions and changes.
I work in accordance with the BACP's Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (www.bacp.co.uk/ethics) and attend regular clinical supervision.
- First Class Honours degree (BA) in Integrative-Relational Counselling, Middlesex University
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Working with Grief and Loss
- Teaching Clients Mindfullness Skills
- Body Psychotherapy
- Working with Disclosure of Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Treating Traumatised Clients
- Attachment Theory: An Integrationist Approach
- Understanding Psychotropic medicines
- Mental Health First Aid for Schools and Colleges